Friday, October 25, 2019

How I Met My Husband, Part 1



I was given my new name the moment I stepped foot in the household I've ever dream of. It wasn't an easy decision to make. I lost some friends and relations but that never discouraged me. My happiness meant a lot to me rather than living in someone else shadows. It was time to be known as the Shulamite.

Growing up, I lived my life in pretense and self-denial. I had to live the families dreams and uphold its values and morality. I was told which subject I should read to make me successful even though I hated it. I was meant to uphold a culture I never understood and when I asked many questions, I was told to just follow.

When it comes to love, I first felt in Love on my second day at University. When my parents heard about it, I was told I am not allowed to be with a boy from that tribe in Ghana. But I was really in love with him. I was punished anytime I'm seen with him. My own home became toxic to live because of my love choice. In the end, the relationship broke down. We finished university and I was hoping I would be back with my first love but he felt in love with someone else. He got married and as painful it sounded, I was invited to his wedding. I was even booked to be the caterer for the event. As I was serving his guests, my heart kept aching. There was pain throughout the ceremony. Yes, it should have been me in the beautiful gown saying I do.

I moved to the UK, got my stay permit and as usual, go to work each morning and return in the evening. It is a cold country, stressful and very hard when you live alone. There is no life in the UK and easily get depressed if one doesn't have a social life with friends and love ones. I kept moving Churches and jobs to find companion until one day I saw my King Kofi Nino has come to the UK for his tour.

King Kofi wrote to me on Facebook to invite me to his concert in Dunstable Luton. I was very excited to hear from him as he was my friend from University. He was very cool to be around with and every moment with him back in Uni was very special. I was excited about the invitation but I was living in Sheffield hence the distance was not favourable. I couldn't meet him during his stay. The year after, he returned to the UK for his events which I planned to see him in London but still couldn't see him.

On his 3rd visit to the UK, I had to meet him, I decided because I had moved to Northampton whiles he lived in Milton Keynes. When we met, he never told me he is now with my Mistress Mary-Tamar. We had a great moment together in a green park close to Milton Keynes. There was chemistry still between us I felt it. It was so strong and felt irresistible. My King Kofi kissed me on my lips and I felt he revived my lost passion for love. He apologized for kissing me several times which felt really awkward and then he left me at the bus stop. He never told me about his private life then.

I was curious to know more about him and the plan was to come on social media though I am not a social media person.

To my surprise, he had a beautiful family with my Mistress Mary. This came as a shock to me and I confronted him with a picture I saw of him with powder on his face with his family.
All he could text back after reading my message was: "I will call you in the morning"

To be continued...

I am Shulamite and its my pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment